Can my company/organization host an event at PeopleSpace? How much does it cost?
- While Meetup event hosting is a naturally a resident perk, we do let our friends host certain approved meetup events for free as long as the event is in the “spirit” of PeopleSpace and is open to the public.
- Hosting a Meetup event is free, however, we urge that you will be a PeopleSpace Evangelist and help us spread the word!
- For private events, please check out our pricing information here: http://peoplespace.us/event-space/
Who can host events at PeopleSpace?
- Any current resident or Friend of PeopleSpace (FOP) can host an event.
- Event requests may be submitted by any resident or Friend of PeopleSpace to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The host (resident/FOP) is responsible for the event from the point of view of PeopleSpace, including ensuring that it follows all rules.
Is there any way to have an event at PeopleSpace without being a member?
- We do recognize that sometimes holding a one-off private event happens. In that case, we have a price listing available here: http://peoplespace.us/event-space/
Is it okay to bring in outside food and/or beverages?
- Outside food and beverages are both allowed. Please remember to clean up after yourself, and if there is not enough space in the dumpster that you haul your excess trash away with you.
What sort of setup/ take down services to you provide?
- As mentioned, PeopleSpace is not a traditional events venue, therefore setup and take down is all on you. If your event requires a large amount of setup and/or take down, then it’s recommended you do two things, the first of which is to arrive in plenty of time, and plan to stay late to get the place looking decent for the next day’s co-workers. If your event will take more than roughly thirty minutes of setup time, it’s recommended that you let Melinda know. This way, everyone has notice you’ll be in the space moving things around.
- Please also refer to terms and conditions in reference to event set-up and tear down.
What sort of equipment is available to use?
- Whatever we have at PeopleSpace is available for use. This includes tables, chairs, projectors, and some whiteboards. There is no equipment reservation system, nor will anyone at PeopleSpace do any sort of room set-up for you. Therefore it is advised that if this is your first time holding an event at PeopleSpace, you show up in plenty of time to arrange the area you have reserved to your liking, as well as to ensure you get whatever equipment you had wanted to use is available.
What sort of events are allowed?
- We’re pretty open in regards to the type of events we will allow to be hosted as long as it’s tech related and has educational content.
What sort of events are not allowed?
- Any event that isn’t within the “spirit” of the PeopleSpace community. That said, it’s hard to put a hard definition of exactly what the spirit of PeopleSpace is. In theory, since all events are hosted by Friends of PeopleSpace or residence, they’re all within the spirit of the community. If your event is something that a resident can actively participate in, that’s a very good start.
Which room(s) can I reserve for my event?
- It is our hope that you are a resident so you would already be familiar with the available space. However, if you’re not certain or fairly new, ask Melinda.
If you have a question that was not answered here, please feel free to contact email@example.com.